Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reassurance Received

Yesterday, in the wake of that terribly disruptive meeting on Sunday, I wrote to a local priest, not in my parish, but in an FSSP parish. He was kind enough to reply this morning, offering encouragement, and reminding me that in these matters, my Pastor is the ultimate authority. He also suggested that I try to disregard "the other business."

Truly, for my immediate peace of mind, to dismiss what happened as "the other business" may be best. But for the health of my parish, now and in the future, I think not. So I must try to do as the good Father suggest, for now. But once this is behind me, I must, in good conscience, take this up with my Pastor, in the fervent hope that no one is treated in such a fashion again.

No comments:

Post a Comment