Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Some changes are better than others...

I have received news that our pastor of the last six years has resigned. I am sad for our loss, but sadder still for his. He carries the cross of alcoholism, and has in the past year not carried it so well as we might wish. Moreover, he has medical issues which are likely the consequence of past alcohol abuse. My thoughts and prayers go with him, always.

Fine priest that he is, he has been my rock through the times when I was impatient with the process on the road to my baptism. He was ever ready to discuss what troubled me, and always helpful in providing sources to answers in greater depth than his time might permit for our discussion.

I pray that our Archbishop will be able to place him in a parish or other position where the stresses may be less than in our own parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment